Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary Tom and Yvonne

Well Saturday was my friend Tom's 50th anniversary. Renewed his vows and held a party at his country club Sunday. Would love to have gone but a huge storm crossed Lake Erie and the ride up to Canada would have been quite dangerous. We are going to drive down to Tennessee to be with Theresa's family for Christmas and we will be leaving on Tuesday. On Saturday, I picked up $165 at the track . Not much to show for it but a lot of fun. Some very close calls to a nice win but my selection got "nosed out". Friday night one of the $2.00 trifectas paid $80,000...!!! Not to me!!! Not to anyone, I hear, but someone did win half of it. The wind has been howling the last couple of days and at 22 degrees I bet the wind chill is below zero. The football game in Cleveland on Sunday I heard was played at -6 degree wind chill. We lost anyway (as expected). We think the coach will be fired...what a nice guy...but that might be part of the problem. With Hanukkah here we had a standing rib (prepared by me), potato latkes (prepared by Theresa) with sour cream and a tossed salad. No brussel sprouts or broccoli (thank you Lord). A nice glass of wine topped it all off. Theresa baked many cookies to take to Tennessee but I am sure she will let me be her "tester" !! Don't cookies have to have a tester??
Al

No comments: