Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Late Holiday Gift


The snow is coming down every day now...we have a good 12 inches on the deck !
I have had to shovel the driveway 3 times since Saturday. No sense in buying a snowblower now...we are leaving in 15 days.

Here is a shot of the snow on the deck...the dot of light at the top is the moon.

After 12 years of great service our Windows 98 computer has been retired. She (it is a she) has been a real staple around here... can't imagine life around here without her.

We have replaced her with a HP PC 750 GB model, 6 GB of memory, a Terabyte hard drive, Blu-ray player and DVD burner, and a screen that reaches half-way to China (24")
When I change web pages, if I blink I miss the change. What a Christmas-Hanukkah gift !!

We had dinner in the office last night so we could play with this machine all evening. Since Theresa has had her Vista machine for over a year now she has become my mentor. Vista is quite different from XP and takes some getting used to. I will eventually be left on my own !!

No comments: