Friday, January 9, 2009

Luck at the Races

January 9, 2009
What a stroke of luck! Last Saturday, in the first race my horse won and my trifecta won.($375) Do not think that has ever happened to me in the first race before because the horses in the first are usually maidens who have won very little in their short careers. Just a real stroke of luck. That was the money I brought home.

We had a serious ice storm Tuesday and there were dozens of accidents on the interstate. It warmed up Tuesday to 35 so the ice is gone. Thank goodness because Theresa and I both had appointments. I also have an appointment with the birds...the feeders look empty and not a bird is around. They are probably down the street at another neighbor's feeder. Fickle little creatures.

I got a call from the Post Office yesterday and the Station Manager has agreed to hold our mail for 6 weeks while we are on Captiva. There is no Post office on the island and the nearest Station is on Sanibel which has mail delivery and P.O. boxes which are all taken. I make a list of all our bills we have paid for the last three months and will pay them electronically as they come up again.

Next week I will have a thorough check-up for the car, top to bottom, for the trip because we will be driving almost 3000 miles. I am getting anxious to head to warmer weather.
Al

No comments: